Monday, August 16, 2010

My New Violin

This month I got a new violin. My parents bought it for me, and now I own it! We did a plan were we would rent an instrument and the money would pile up and eventually we could buy the rental. I didn't want my rental instrument since it had a few problems and we found out we could take the money already towards the rental to a new and better violin. Or I would end up with the old one. But that didn't happen!

The new violin it's self is a nice Eastman Strings Otto Benjamin. It has great sound and tone. And looks good too. the wood on the front is aged to give it a nicer sound as well. I like it a lot. It's much smoother than my old one and not as loud, or so I believe. Though I can make my playing louder. But that doesn't really matter.

The new violin came with a really nice case and bow. The bow is wood and it took a while to rosin with the nice new rosin. Terns out that you have to kind of scratch the surface to break the seal. The case is a deep reddish-pink, has a compartment big enough to fit all of my supplies, which I'm really happy about, and comes withe a hygrometer, witch measures the humidity. If it's above sixty it 's probably too humid and if it stays really high for long it could grow mold in the case. I think that is very unlikely to happen though. and if it gets below forty, it is too dry and the wood a the violin could crack. That is why we bought this dampit that you soak in water and put in your case to moisturize.

Anyway, I am so exited about finally having a step-up instrument that I own!

5 comments:

  1. Wow! I'm happy for you! It sounds like you got a really wonderful violin, and with such a hard-working case, too. I'm so glad you got a step-up instrument, and now you can always have it!! Lovely.

    p.s. you website looks great and I really like the slide show of Disneyland.

    Love you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grandpa Cox says, "Yea for the Deharts. So fun to get a new violin! Your parents are the best."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Madeline,
    Thanks for all of the details about your new violin! It's so fun to have one of your own. :-)
    Great aunt Gretchen

    PS, I sure enjoyed playing Go Fish with you on our vacation.I'll add that picture to my blog tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Madeline, I love your blog it is so nicely done with all the bright color.
    Congratulations on your new violin and I hope you will post some of your play or maybe your Mom will.
    We had fun in Yosemite with you and your family.
    Love, Aunt Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the complements!
    I'am really happy about it too, and I can't wait for school to start and I can play some new songs.

    I had fun at Yosemite with y'all as well!

    ReplyDelete